Humba recipe from http://www.iloveiloilo.com/Ingredients:
1 kilo pork (works best with pork belly (liempo)
1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
5 cloves garlic, crushed
1 can black salted beans aka TAUSI
2-3 paminta leaves
1 teaspoon paminta seedssalt to taste
1 8 ounce Sprite
1. Slice the pork into chunks and place in a pot.
2. Put over fire and let it cook till the oil is extracted from the pork.
3. Separate the oil from the meat.
4. Put the vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and some salt into the pot with the pork.
5. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes. Mix.
6. Put in the sugar, sprite, black beans, laurel leaves and black pepper seeds. You can add the bananas too.
7. Lower heat and simmer for another 20 minutes or until the pork is tender.
8. Adjust to taste.
Humba is ready!