Sautéed squash with shrimp has always been one of my favorite. Not only easy to cook but taste good too when served with steam rice and grilled or fried fish on the side.
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and cut crosswise
- 2 lbs. upo (squash), peeled and cut into bite size
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium size onion, sliced
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 cup water
- In medium heat sauté garlic and onion in cooking oil till caramelized.
- Add shrimp and stir for a minute.
- Add slices of upo, stir and cook for few minutes.
- Add water, fish sauce, ground pepper and salt if needed.
- Cook for few minutes or till upo is fully cooked.
- Remove from heat, serve hot and enjoy.