Tortang Talong or Eggplant Omelet is one of my favorite side dish served with lots of banana ketchup.
- 6 pieces small Chinese or Japanese eggplant
- 3 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- salt to taste
- cooking oil for frying
- Grill or broil eggplant. Allow to cool and peel the skin. Set aside.
- Dilute cornstarch in 2 tablespoon water. Add eggs and beat well. Season with salt. Set aside.
- Dip eggplant one by one in egg mixture. (While dipping, flatten eggplant by using the back of a fork)
- Using a wide pan heat cooking oil and fry dipped eggplant for 2 minutes on each side or till golden brown in medium low heat.
- Remove eggplant from pan and place in a paper towel to remove excess cooking oil. Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!