Palitaw or Sticky Rice Cake is a Filipino snack or merienda that is made of glutinous rice flour topped with grated coconut, roasted sesame seeds and white or brown sugar.
Easy to make and delicious.
- 1 cup glutinous rice flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- Combine water and glutinous rice flour in a bowl. Mix well. Divide the dough mixture into 8 parts then mold them into ball shape and flatten using the palm of your hand. Set aside.
- Boil enough water in a deep pot. Once water starts to boil put the flatten dough one by one. When the dough starts to float, remove them from water and allow the water to drip.
- Combine sugar and roasted sesame seeds. Roll cooked dough in grated coconut then in roasted sesame seed-sugar mixture and serve.
You can serve your palitaw with extra sugar, roasted sesame seeds and grated coconut on the side. I always like mine with extra sesame seeds. Yummy!