- 2 lbs. chicken, cut into serving size
- 2 pieces plantain or saba banana, peeled and cut into 3
- 2 potato, cut into 4
- 1/2 piece cabbage, quartered
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 chicken knorr cubes
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- cooking oil
- 4 cups water
- Fry potatoes and banana. Set aside.
- Using a deep pot, heat 2 tablespoon cooking oil. Saute garlic, onion and tomato until caramelized.
- Add chicken slices and sauté for few minutes or until chicken is brownish.
- Season with fish sauce and ground pepper. Stir well and continue cooking.
- Add water and bring into a boil over high heat. Cook for about 10 minutes or till chicken is almost cooked.
- Add tomato sauce and simmer in medium heat for 5 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Add fried potatoes, fried banana and bell peppers. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage and simmer for few minutes or till chicken and cabbage is fully cooked.
- Remove pot from heat and transfer in a serving dish. Serve hot and enjoy!
More Pochero Recipes below. Click link to see.