Lechon Paksiw is a Filipino pork dish cooked using leftover Lechon. It can be either Lechon or Lechon Kawali or Crispy Pata. Amazing how leftover meat can turn into this delicious dish. Check out the recipe and give it a try.
- 2 lbs. Lechon chopped or sliced
- 1 cup Mang Tomas Lechon sauce
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar (you can add more if you want it more sour)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon whole peppercorn or ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (more or less if needed)
- 3-4 pieces bay leaves
- Place leftover Lechon in a pot. Add water, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, onion, peppercorn and bay leaves. Bring to a boil in medium low heat and cook for 10-15 minutes or till meat is fully tender.
- Add Mang Tomas sauce and simmer in medium low heat while stirring every few minutes until sauce thickens.
- Remove Lechon paksiw from the heat. Transfer in a serving dish and serve with hot rice. Enjoy.
Click links below on how to make different kinds of Lechon Kawali.
Lechon sa Oven