- 2 lbs. flank steak (or any other cut will do)
- salt and ground pepper
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 lb. button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 2 tbs. butter
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- Season steak with salt and ground pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Using a wide pan, heat and add butter. Add onion and garlic. Cook until transparent. Add mushrooms and bell pepper. Saute for few minutes, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Using a cast iron pan, heat in medium high heat and add olive oil. Pan sear seasoned steak for 5 minutes on each side. *The length of cooking steak depends on how you want your steak done. Mine is always medium rare. Remove steak from pan and set aside.
- For Gravy - Using the same cast iron pan where you cooked the steak, add cornstarch and stir until slightly brown in medium low heat.
- Once cornstarch is slightly brown, add water and season with a dash of salt and pepper. Keep stirring for few minutes and remove from heat. Transfer gravy in a bowl and set aside.
- Slice steak into serving sizes and arrange in a serving platter. Place sautéed mushrooms to the platter and top with brown gravy.
- Serve hot and enjoy.