Some call this fish Besugo, some Bisugo. This kind of fish is best cooked when fried, stewed or as soup. I love making Pinangat with this fish as it has a lighter fish taste and one of those fish that is good for those suffering with gout.
- 1 lb. besugo fish, cleaned
- 1/2 cup lemon or kalamansi juice
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 large tomato, sliced
- 2 thumb size ginger, sliced
- 2 pcs. long chili
- 2 stem green onion, cut into 2
- 1 tbs. fish sauce
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of water
- Bring water into a boil in medium heat. Once it starts to boil add slices of ginger, long chili, onion and tomatoes. Continue to cook for few minutes.
- Add bisugo fish and simmer in medium low heat for 5 to 10 minutes. Season with fish sauce, salt and ground pepper to taste. Add lemon juice and green onions.
- Simmer for few more minutes and remove pot from heat. Transfer in a serving dish and enjoy.