This recipe is something different. I have read somewhere that other calls this Sinarabasab or pork marinated in tamarind sinigang mix but all I can say is, this is pretty good. Something different than the rest. See step by step recipe below.
- 2 lbs. pork belly (liempo) cut into an inch thick
- 2 tsp. tamarind (soup) sinigang mix
- 1 tbs. sugar
- Rinse pork belly and pat dry.
- In a wide container, combine sugar and sinigang mix.
- Rub pork meat with the sugar and sinigang mix mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Grill over hot charcoal or fry in a cast iron skillet until meat is fully cooked.
- Cut the grilled meat into bite size and serve with your favorite side dish such as Papaya Achara or Papaya Ampalaya Achara or a simple mixture of chopped tomatoes and bagoong.
RELATED: Click name link to see complete recipe