- 1 large (1 1/2 to 2 lb.) bangus, cut into 6-8 pieces and cleaned
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 large ampalaya, cleaned and sliced thick
- 2 thumb size ginger, sliced thin
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
- 1 medium size red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbs. cooking oil
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- green onion for garnishing
- Place ginger then the bangus in a wide pan. Topped with garlic, salt, ground pepper, vinegar and water.
- Bring into a boil uncovered over medium high heat. Once it starts to boil, reduce heat to medium low and add ampalaya and onion slices. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until bangus and ampalaya are fully cooked.
- Add cooking oil and simmer for few minutes.
- Garnish with slices of green onion and serve hot. Enjoy!
For more Paksiw related recipes click here -> Paksiw Recipes