Alugbati is also known as Malabar spinach, Indian Spinach or Vine Spinach.
- 1 lb ground beed
- 2 lbs alugbati leaves
- 1 lb kalabasa, peeled and cubed
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp salt (or more if needed)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Using a pot or a sauce pan, heat and add cooking oil.
- Add garlic and onions. Saute until fragrant.
- Add ground beef and saute. Cook for 5 minutes in medium heat or until ground beef is fully cooked and turns golden brown.
- Season with salt and ground pepper. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add kalabasa and stir. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add water and stir. Bring into a quick boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until kalabasa is fully cooked.
- Taste test to see if more salt is needed.
- Add alugbati leaves and cook for few minutes or until alogbati is cooked.
- Remove pan from heat and serve hot with steam rice. Enjoy.