I was never a fan of tofu but sometimes we all have to eat something healthy right and I have this Chicken and Eggplant Stir Fry recipe that I thought the sauce would be good with this tofu and chicken but has to be more simpler and healthier so why not give it a try.
If you like tofu and tired of boring and tasteless recipe then this recipe is a must try. It took me 15-20 minutes to whip this dish. If ground chicken is not available you can use chicken breast cut small.
- 1 lb tofu, cut into small cube (around half an inch)
- 1/2 lb ground chicken or chicken breast (cut small and thin)
- 2-3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp fresh minced ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 1 stem green onion, chopped for garnishing
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- salt to taste (if needed)
- (Sauce) In a small bowl combine water, soy sauce, sugar, ground pepper and cornstarch. Taste test if more salt is needed. Stir well and set aside.
- Heat wok in medium heat and add cooking oil.
- Add tofu and fry until it turns golden brown. Remove tofu from the wok and set aside.
- Add ground chicken to the wok and stir. Continue cooking until chicken turns brown and a little crispy.
- Add minced garlic and minced ginger. Stir and continue cooking until golden brown.
- Add bell peppers and onions to the wok. Stir well and allow to cook for few minutes.
- Add soy sauce water sauce mixture to the wok. Keep stirring for few minutes.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and keep stirring for few minutes.
- Remove wok from heat and garnish with chopped green onions.
- Transfer in a serving dish and serve. Enjoy.