- 1 box (11.4 oz) frozen silver fish, defrosted and drained
- 2 cup datu puti vinegar
- 6 pieces garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 piece jalapeno pepper, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- banana leaves (optional)
- Layer banana leaves on the bottom of the pot.
- Add fish, garlic, onion, ground pepper and salt.
- Pour vinegar and arrange slices of jalapeno pepper on top.
- Simmer in medium heat for 15 minutes uncovered.
- Now add the cooking oil and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- When the cooking oil starts to sizzle then it's time to remove from heat and serve.