This dish has always been my favorite. I like the combination of pork and shrimp with the bitter taste of Ampalaya.
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled
- 1/2 lb pork, sliced thin
- 3 pieces large bitter melon, cleaned and julienne
- 1 large size tomato, sliced thin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 2 pieces egg, beaten
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups of water
- Saute garlic, onions and tomatoes.
- Add slices of pork till pork turns golden brown.
- Add shrimp and water. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper then add the slices of bitter melon.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes uncovered.
- Pour the beaten egg over.
- Stir, remove from heat and serve.