- 3 lbs. beef short ribs
- 1 med. green papaya
- 1 pack frozen jack fruit (langka)
- 1 bunch pechay (bokchoy)
- 1 stem lemon grass, cut
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pack sinigang mix
- 1/2 teaspoon achuete, diluted in 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- Boil beef in water in a deep pot.
- Dump the first boil water.
- Fill with enough water again and bring to boil for 15 minutes.
- Add the slices of onion, ground pepper and lemon grass.
- Allow beef to cook first before adding the vegetables starting with the papaya, jack fruit and pechay.
- Season with fish sauce, sinigang mix, salt and pepper.
- Add the achuete oil.
- Simmer for 2 more minutes and serve.