Pancit Bihon is a delicious Filipino noodles consists of variety of meats and vegetables. Pancit Bihon is a classic noodles dish that is easy to make and can be put together using simple ingredients. This stir fry noodle dish is a complete meal that Filipino loves to eat for lunch, dinner and even for snack.
There are many different ways of cooking pancit and every cook has their own version of this dish but I find this Pancit Bihon recipe pretty simple using pork, sausages, carrots, celery and cabbage.
This Pancit Bihon is very simple to make. It consists of meat and vegetables sauteed with rice noodles. You can substitute pork with chicken and add shrimp for extra flavor.
Pancit Bihon is a Filipino favorite stir fry noodles and same with Pancit Canton, Palabok, and Bam-i which is a combination of pancit canton and sotanghon noodles.
Pancit Bihon is one of the most popular Filipino dishes and a Filipino party food favorite. Give this recipe a try and share with family and friends. Save this recipe or Pin It for later use.
Don't forget to check other related Filipino noodles recipe below by clicking on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 1 – 8 oz. bihon (rice noodles)
- 1/2 lb boneless pork, cut into thin slices
- 4 chorizo de bilbao (Chinese sausage), sliced thin
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups of chopped cabbage
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 3 celery stick, sliced
- 1 tsp achuete powder diluted in 1 tbs. cooking oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- chopped green onion for garnishing
- kalamansi or lemon or lime for garnishing
- Remove noodles from the package and soak in water for about 10 minutes. Drain once the noodles starts to soften. Set aside.
- In a wok, heat and add cooking oil. Fry sausages for few minutes and remove. Set aside.
- In the same wok, add garlic and onion. Saute until aromatic. Add pork slices and stir. Cook for 5 minutes or until pork turns golden brown and fully cooked. Add more oil if needed.
- Add the vegetables starting with carrots (cook for few minutes), celery and cabbage. Stir fry and cooked for 5 minutes and remove. Set aside so the vegetables won’t be overcooked.
- In the same wok, add 2 cups of water. Season with soy sauce and ground pepper. Simmer in low heat for few minutes. Add achuete oil and stir to combine.
- Add drained noodles to the wok and stir well to combine. Add cooked Chinese sausage, sautéed pork, vegetables and stir well to combine. Cover wok and continue cooking using the lowest heat.
- Drizzle noodles with sesame oil and stir gently to combine. Stir gently every few minutes to avoid the noodles from sticking to the bottom of the wok. Continue cooking in the lowest heat until noodles is fully cooked. Taste test to see if more salt and ground pepper is needed.
- Transfer in a serving plate and garnish with chopped green onions. Serve hot with slices of kalamansi or lemon or lime and pandesal. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Seafood Pancit Guisado|