I was craving for some noodle soup so decided to make something from what I have in my fridge and freezer. I would say it is a combination of Filipino Chicken Mami and Vietnamese Pho. It turned out surprisingly good using clear noodles. You can use sotanghon or mami noodles if clear noodles is not available. Healthy recipe below.
- 1 lb. fresh rice stick noodles
- 1 Cornish game hen or 2 lbs. chicken, any cut
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb. fish cake, sliced (optional)
- 3-4 cloves whole garlic
- 1 large onion, cut into 4
- 1/2 lb. baby bok choy
- 3 stem celery, cut into 4
- chopped green onion for garnishing
- cilantro for garnishing
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place enough water in a big pot. Add chicken and boil in medium low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add garlic, onion and celery. Continue boiling till chicken is fully cooked for 30 minutes or more.
- Remove chicken and shred. Discard chicken bones and return chicken meat in the pot.
- Add shrimp and fish cake. Simmer in low heat for 10 minutes.
- Season with fish sauce, salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Add bok choy and cook for 2 minutes. Remove bok choy and set aside.
- Boil noodles in a separate pot for few minutes. Remove noodles from the pot, drain and allow to cool. Set aside.
- Arrange some cooked noodles in a bowl. Add chicken, shrimp and fish cake broth. Top with bok choy, green onion and cilantro. Serve hot and Enjoy!
More Noodle Soup Recipes? Click link below for recipes.