- 1 lb. fresh rice stick noodles
- 1 Cornish game hen or 2 lbs. chicken, any cut
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb. fish cake, sliced (optional)
- 3-4 cloves whole garlic
- 1 large onion, cut into 4
- 1/2 lb. baby bok choy
- 3 stem celery, cut into 4
- chopped green onion for garnishing
- cilantro for garnishing
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place enough water in a big pot. Add chicken and boil in medium low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add garlic, onion and celery. Continue boiling till chicken is fully cooked for 30 minutes or more.
- Remove chicken and shred. Discard chicken bones and return chicken meat in the pot.
- Add shrimp and fish cake. Simmer in low heat for 10 minutes.
- Season with fish sauce, salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Add bok choy and cook for 2 minutes. Remove bok choy and set aside.
- Boil noodles in a separate pot for few minutes. Remove noodles from the pot, drain and allow to cool. Set aside.
- Arrange some cooked noodles in a bowl. Add chicken, shrimp and fish cake broth. Top with bok choy, green onion and cilantro. Serve hot and Enjoy!
More Noodle Soup Recipes? Click link below for recipes.