Embutido is a Filipino style meat loaf that is great for personal consumption and usually served on special occasion. Great idea for a small business and gift giving too.
This classic Filipino meat loaf is so easy to make. You just prep the ingredients, mix, roll and steam.
- 3 lbs. ground pork
- 2 cups chopped ham or vienna sausage
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup relish, drained
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 6 whole egg
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- aluminum foil for wrapping
- Mix all above ingredients and refrigerate for an hour to chill.
- Divide mixture into 4 portions. Place a portion at the center of the aluminum foil. Roll foil tightly sealing both ends. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Place the wrapped Embutido in a steamer and steam for about 90 minutes or till fully cooked.
- Remove cooked Embutido from the steamer and allow to cool before slicing into serving size.
- Serve with ketchup or sweet and sour sauce.
You can also fry before slicing or even after before serving. Make sure to allow it to cool first before slicing. You can also place whole boiled eggs in between and some Vienna sausages too.