Minatamis na Kamoteng Kahoy or Sweetened Cassava is a simple dessert yet satisfying. Made with slices of cassava, brown sugar and pandan extract.
- 1 lb. whole cassava, cut into bite size
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or more if needed
- 1/2 teaspoon pandan extract or vanilla will do
- In a deep pot place slices of cassava and maybe 2 to 3 cups of water and bring into a boil. Simmer in medium heat till cassava is almost fully cooked. You might need to add more water if needed.
- When cassava is almost done, add another cup of water, brown sugar and pandan extract. Stir well and simmer in low heat until sugar caramelized.
- Remove from heat and serve warm. Enjoy!