- 1 lb. chicken (any cut) cut into serving slices
- 1 large potato, cut into 4
- 1 carrot, julienne thick
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into 4
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienne thin
- 1 small green bell pepper, julienne thin
- 1/4 lb. pechay, remove ends
- 1/4 lb. napa cabbage or cabbage, cut
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 6-8 cups water
- Saute garlic and onion in cooking oil till caramelized. Add chicken slices and stir. Season with fish sauce and simmer for few minutes. Add water and bring into a boil in medium heat.
- Once chicken is almost cooked, start adding the vegetables starting with carrots, sweet potato and potatoes. Boil until vegetables are almost done. Add bell peppers and season with salt and ground pepper to taste. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add pechay and cabbage. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with fish sauce on the side. Enjoy.
Related (click name to see recipe)