Chicken Sopas is one of the soup that Filipinos like to eat anytime of the day. It is a rich chicken noodle soup made with flaked chicken, elbow macaroni and more. Check out this easy recipe using simple ingredients and healthier version.
- 1/2 lb. elbow macaroni, boiled al dente
- 2 cups shredded boiled chicken breast or any chicken parts
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup fresh low fat milk
- 2 pieces knorr chicken cubes
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- green onions, chopped for garnishing
- 5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 5 hard boiled egg, peeled
- Saute garlic and onion in cooking oil till caramelized. Add chicken, carrots and celery. Stir and cook for few minutes.
- Add bay leaves and water. Bring to a quick boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with chicken cubes, fish sauce, salt and ground pepper to taste. Continue to simmer in low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add hard boiled eggs and cooked elbow macaroni. Continue cooking for few more minutes.
- Add milk and bring to a boil for few minutes.
- Remove pot from heat. Garnish with chopped green onions and serve hot. Enjoy!
Ground Chicken Sopas
Chicken Sopas with Cabbage