- 1/2 lb. shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced fine
- 1 medium size onion, quartered
- 1 - 15 oz. baby corn, drained
- 1 medium size carrots, cut into bite size
- 2 cups snow peas
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 tbs. sugar
- 1 tbs. soy sauce
- 1 tbs. oyster sauce
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- 5 tbs. water
- Using a wok, roast almonds until golden brown and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for the brown sauce and set aside.
- Using the same wok, heat and add cooking oil. Add ginger and onion, cook until caramelized.
- Add shrimps and stir fry for few minutes until shrimps turns pinkish.
- Add carrots, baby corn, bell peppers and snow peas. Stir well and cook for few minutes until all vegetables are half cooked (just the way I like my veggies, crunchy) or fully cooked.
- Add the brown sauce mixture into the wok and stir well to combine. Keep stirring for few minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add roasted almonds and stir well. Transfer in a serving dish and serve hot. Enjoy!
RELATED (click link name to see complete recipe)