I was in charge of chopping and serving the Lechon and to my advantage I get to take home the Lechon head and the legs that is why I have been posting "what to do with left over Lechon" like Lechon Paksiw Recipe. I still have more in the freezer so hoping next week I can make Lechon Sisig,
- 1 lb. left over Lechon, cut into bite size
- 1 cup monggo (mung beans)
- 1 cup chopped pechay
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. fish sauce
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbs. cooking oil
- water for boiling
- Boil mung beans in enough water until almost done and set aside.
- Saute garlic and onion in cooking oil until caramelized. Add left over Lechon, stir and cook for few minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and add boiled mung beans. Stir and simmer in medium low heat until mung beans are fully cooked. Stir every few minutes to avoid the beans from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Season with ground pepper and more salt if needed. Add more water if needed.
- Add pechay, stir and simmer for few more minutes until pechay is fully cooked. *you can add more vegetables like eggplant, kalabasa, etc. if desired.
- Remove pot from heat and serve hot. Enjoy!
*For those interested and from around the Vallejo area you can order whole Lechon from Andrea Food located at: 1109 Maple Avenue, Vallejo, CA 94591. Tel # 707 644-0518.
Disclaimer: tigabaluarte.blogspot.com or Casa Baluarte is not a paid advertiser. Casa is just sharing places visited.
RELATED (click name link to see complete recipe) or SEARCH Casa Baluarte for more related post.