Sinigang na Salmon is another variety of Filipino Fish Sinigang. What I like about cooking salmon is it is highly nutritious and less fishy specially when making soup. This time I used the collar and belly with lots of kangkong leaves. See more below.
- 2 lbs. salmon collar and belly, cut into serving size
- 2-3 cups water
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoon sinigang mix (or more if you want it more sour)
- 2-3 cups kangkong tops
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 large tomato, quartered
- 1 piece green chili pepper (optional)
- Bring water into a boil in a deep pot. Once water starts to boil add onion and tomato. Simmer in medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Season with sinigang mix, salt and ground pepper. Simmer for few more minutes.
- Add salmon pieces, cover pot and simmer until fish is fully cooked.
- Add kangkong leaves and green chili. Simmer for few more minutes and remove pot from heat.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
Click here for more Sinigang Related Recipes -> Sinigang Recipes
Sharing this picture of my Mom showing off the 17 lbs. fresh catch Salmon by my brother Jay.