Chicken Mami is the Filipino version of Chinese Noodle Soup. It is a popular comfort food for Filipinos and easy to make. Made with egg noodles also known as miki and flavorful chicken broth topped with fried garlic and chopped green onions or chives.
- 2 lbs. chicken breast with bones
- 1/4 lb. store bought fish cake tempura (optional), sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 large onion, cut into 4
- 3 celery, cut into 3
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 4 pieces knorr chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 tbs. fish sauce
- salt and ground brown pepper to taste
- 1 tbs. cooking oil
- 1 1/2 liter water (or more)
- Boil chicken in water for about 30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Remove chicken from the stock and allow it to cool. Remove the chicken from the bones and shred.
- Saute garlic and onion in cooking oil. Add shredded chicken, fish cake, celery, carrots and knorr cubes. Stir for few minutes and pour in the chicken stock. Simmer for 10 minutes in low heat. Season with fish sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Continue to simmer in low heat until ready to use.
- Add the chopped cabbages to the broth when soup is ready to serve.
For the Noodles
- 1 lb. egg noodles (miki)
- 1 tsp. salt
- In a pot, bring enough water into a boil. Once water starts to boil add the noodles.
- Quickly remove the noodles from the boiling water, drain excess water and set aside.
- 5 pieces hard boiled egg
- 6 cloves garlic, minced and fried
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion or chives
- fish sauce (optional)
How to Serve:
- Place enough noodles in a bowl. Ladle the chicken soup mixture in the bowl.
- Garnish with slices of hard boiled egg, chopped onions and fried garlic.
- Serve with a side of fish sauce and serve hot. Enjoy!
Click below for more Noodle Recipes: