You can never go wrong with this simple Beef Sinigang recipe. Simple ingredients and excellent taste. You can always add more vegetables like okra, sitaw, taro or more.
- 2-3 lbs. beef with bones
- 1 stem lemon grass cut into 3
- 1 bunch pechay, remove ends
- 1 large eggplant, cut into bite size
- 2-3 pieces chili peppers
- 1 cup fresh sampalok (optional)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3-4 tbsp. knorr sinigang powder
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- In a large pot put beef, lemon grass, sampalok and enough water to cover it. Bring into a boil in high heat. Skim off scums accumulated on the surface. Simmer for an hour or two until meat are tender. Add more water if needed.
- Season with fish sauce ad ground pepper. Continue cooking for few more minutes.
- Add slices of onions, eggplant and chili peppers. Continue cooking for 5 minutes or until eggplant is almost cooked.
- Season with knorr sinigang mix and more fish sauce or salt if needed.
- Add pechay and cook for few minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and serve with steamed rice. Enjoy.