Pork hock braised in vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and more.
- 3 lbs pork pata (hock)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 cups vinegar
- 1 tsp whole pepper corn
- 4 pcs bay leaves
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- salt to taste
- Boil pork hock in enough water until meat is half way tender.
- When meat is ready, add garlic, whole pepper, bay leaves, vinegar and soy sauce.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add hoisin sauce, brown sugar and onions.
- Add more salt if needed.
- Continue to simmer until meat is tender and sauce thickens.
- Serve hot with lots of steam rice. Enjoy.