Rellenong Bangus Recipe
Stuffed Milk Fish
- 1 big boneless bangus (milk fish)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 medium potato, chopped
- 1 small can sweet peas or garbanzos
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup flour
- cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Scrape fish scales while the fish is still frozen. Rinse and pat dry using a paper towel.
- Gently pound the fish using a rolling pin to loosen the meat from the skin.
- Using a spoon, scrape off fish meat from the skin. Refrigerate the skin for later use.
- To prepare the stuffing, boil fish meat in 1/3 cup water. Stir and cook until fish is fully cooked and water evaporates.
- In a pan, add 2 tablespoon cooking oil. Add garlic and onion, saute until aromatic.
- Add fish meat, carrot, potato, bell pepper and snow peas to the pan.
- Season with salt, ground pepper, and add raisins. Stir to combine.
- Transfer cooked mixture to a plate. Allow it to cool before adding egg and flour.
- Stuff bangus skin with cooked mixture.
- In a clean frying pan, heat over medium-low heat and add 1/4 cup cooking oil.
- Slowly fry stuffed bangus in hot oil. Cook for at least 5 minutes on each side.
- Cool before slicing.
- Arrange in a serving plate and serve with steam rice and banana ketchup. Enjoy!