Chicken Cordon Bleu Rolls
How to make Chicken Cordon Bleu Rolls aka Chicken Rolls
- 4 large skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 15 pcs. sliced sweet ham, slice into 4 strips
- 1 block quick melt cheese, sliced into 1/4″ strips
- white pepper powder
- lumpia, spring roll wrappers, about 40 pcs.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- cooking oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cup milk
Preparing the chicken:
- Slice chicken breast into thin slices.
- Place chicken slice in between waxed kitchen paper and using a kitchen mullet pound the chicken slices to make it thinner.
- Cut the chicken slices to about 2” X 4”sheets, keep aside.
- In a large plate place one piece of lumpia wrapper.
- Place on top 1 sheet of chicken followed by ham then the cheese strips.
- Roll lumpia wrapper halfway, fold both ends, now fully roll and wet the end of flap with water to seal.
- Repeat process with the rest and keep aside.
- Dilute the flour with water just enough to form a sauce like batter.
- Frying: Heat generous amount of oil in a wok.
- Now dip each roll in the wrapping batter then roll in the bowl of breadcrumbs until evenly coated.
- Deep fry at medium to low heat for 2-3 minutes or until it turns to golden brown.
- To make the roux heat butter in a pan until it start to smoke, stir in the cornstarch until it forms into a lump.
- In a separate sauce pan heat the milk until it start to boil.
- Add in the roux and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes stirring occasionally until sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
Recipe courtesy of http://www.overseaspinoy.blogspot.com/ .
I followed the cooking direction step by step and is was pretty easy to make. I prepared the roll the night before to save me some time. Really great for parties. I also had the dipping sauce served on the side. Turned out a hit and my Mom asked for the recipe so that just tells me it was really good.
Thank you Overseas Pinoy!