Tokwa at Baboy Recipe
- 1 pack fresh hard tofu, drain
- 2 lbs pork belly
- 3 pieces green onion, sliced thin
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 pieces jalapeno pepper, sliced thin
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- one cup of cooking oil
- Using a wok pour water and add pork, garlic, whole peppercorn and rock salt.
- Cover and let it boil for about an hour.
- Set aside pork and allow to completely cool.
- Cut into cubes then set it aside.
- Using a pan fry tofu in cooking oil till golden brown on both side.
- Let them cool and dry using a paper towel.
- Cut them into cubes. Set aside.
- In a bowl mix the vinegar, soy sauce, chopped ginger, sliced green onions, sliced jalapeno and chopped onions together.
- Add sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
- In a serving dish, combine cut pork, fried tofu and the vinegar mixture.
- Toss and serve.