Chop Suey Recipe
- 1/2 lb pork butt, sliced thin(you could use chicken breast instead)
- 1/2 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 whole cauliflower, broken to bite sizes
- 1 can baby corn, drained/rinsed
- 1 can button mushroom, drained/rinsed
- 1/4 lb. snow peas, remove both end
- 1 piece red bell pepper
- 1 piece green bell pepper
- 1 piece sayote, sliced thin
- 1 piece carrot, cut thin
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom, soaked and sliced into 2"
- 1 piece onion, diced
- 6 pieces garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon corn starch, diluted in 2 teaspoon water
- Using a deep wok saute garlic and onion on 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add the pork slices till it turn golden brown.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and simmer for 10 minutes allowing the pork to cook.
- Add shrimp, stir and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Start adding the vegetables starting with cauliflower, carrots, sayote, bell peppers, baby corn and snow peas.
- Add 1 cup of water. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with a dash of salt and ground pepper.
- Pour the diluted cornstarch over the mixture. Stir and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve. Enjoy.
This one I miss a lot! Sa may KongKee namit ila chop suey, but op kors and home one such as this, Cecile, is way much better!!!ReplyDelete
Thanks Lee.. tuod ka namit sa kongkee. Kapin pa daw my shrimp rebosado (daw tempura) nga lakot.ReplyDelete
I love it when mom makes chopsuey. Recently ko lang na-appreciate yan since I'm not into veggies :PReplyDelete