Embutido is a Filipino style meat loaf that is usually served during special occasion. Try this simple, healthy and easy to prepare recipe. Just mix, roll, bake or steam and serve.
- 2 lbs ground chicken (or pork)
- 1 cup chopped ham (or Vienna sausage)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup relish
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 small onion, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 pieces egg, beaten
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- Mix all above ingredients.
- Refrigerate mixture for an hour.
- Divide mixture into 4 portions.
- Place a portion at the center of each foil.
- Roll the aluminum foil tightly sealing both ends.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Heat oven in 425f.
- Arrange the rolled Embutido in a baking pan and place in the center of the oven for 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before slicing.
For Steamed Embutido:
- Place the Embutido in a steamer and steam for 90 minutes.
- You can check if the Embutido is already fully cooked by poking a toothpick in the center of the embutido.
- If the toothpick comes out clean and dry then the Embutido is ready.
- Remove Embutido from the steamer. Allow it to cool before slicing into serving size.
Brown slices of Embutido in a frying pan with a little amount of cooking oil when serving for breakfast.
*Serve with your favorite dipping sauce like ketchup or sweet and sour sauce.*