With this recipe I used ready mix boxed butter pancake mix and it is surprisingly good. Actually a lot better than the maruya I purchased a while back from a Filipino store. Give it a try.
- 1 cup buttermilk pan cake mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 whole egg
- 3-4 tablespoon sugar
- 8 pieces saba banana, defrosted and cut into half lengthwise
- cooking oil
- Heat frying pan and add the cooking oil.
- Sift pan cake mix and 2-3 tablespoon sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add the water and the egg and mix until batter is smooth.
- Dip the banana into the batter mixture.
- Fry the banana with batter 2 pieces at a time in low heat for 3-4 minutes on both side or till golden brown.
- Remove from heat and drain or pat dry using a paper towel.
- Sprinkle with sugar if desired and serve while hot.