MINATAMIS NA SAGING SABA
Great when eaten with Vanilla Ice Cream on the side or with crushed ice and condensed milk or just by itself .
- 2 lbs. saba or Thai cooking banana, cut into bite size
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups of water
- Shredded kalamansi or lemon peel
- Boil banana in water in medium low heat till banana is half way cooked.
- Add the brown sugar and mix well. Simmer till banana is fully cooked and sauce thickens.
- Add the vanilla, simmer for few more minutes and remove from heat.
- Transfer on a serving dish, top with kalamansi or lemon peel and serve warm.