EGGPLANT WITH GROUND PORK OMELET
Tortang Talong topped with sauteed ground pork, double the yummy!
- 6 pieces eggplant (small sizes Japanese or Filipino kind)
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup diced potato
- 4 eggs
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
1. Grill eggplant or broil and allow to cool. Peel skin of the eggplant, flatten by pressing on it using a fork and set aside.
2. Saute garlic, onion, potato and bell pepper in a tablespoon of cooking till potato turns golden brown, remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. Beat egg and season with salt and ground pepper, set aside.
4. Heat frying fan in medium low fire and pour in cooking oil.
5. Dip eggplant in seasoned egg and fry.
6. Top the frying eggplant with a tablespoon of sauteed ground pork and allow to cook for 3 minutes.
7. Top the ground pork eggplant with extra teaspoon of seasoned egg, allow to cook for a minutes and flip it to cook the other side for another 3 minutes.
8. Repeat # 5, 6 and 7 till all eggplant are done.
Enjoy this delicious Stuffed Eggplant Omelet recipe with steam rice and banana ketchup for dipping.