My dad is one of the best cook ever and this is one of his favorite dish to cook.
- 1 lb pork belly, cut into large cubes
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 large potato, cut into 8 cubes
- 1 plantain or saba banana, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienne
- 2 slices of pineapple
- 1 stem green onion for garnishing
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 pieces bay leaves
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fry potatoes and banana till golden brown in medium low fire, set aside.
- Saute garlic and onion till caramelized.
- Add slices of pork till outer part turns brown.
- Add bay leaves, soy sauce, water and pineapple. Simmer in medium fire till meat is fully cooked and sauce thickens. Reduce fire to low.
- Add bell peppers and season with salt, ground pepper and sugar, simmer for few minutes.
- Add fried potato, banana and pineapple. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, arrange in a serving dish, garnish with slices of green onion and serve. ENJOY!