- 2 cups glutinous rice flour, toasted to pale brown
- 1 can 400 ml coconut milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- After roasting the glutinous rice flour set aside 3 tablespoon for rolling espasol.
- Using a wide pot combine coconut milk, sugar, salt and vanilla extract, bring to boil in medium low heat stirring constantly.
- Slowly add the roasted glutinous rice stirring regularly to prevent lumps.
- Reduce heat to the lowest, keep stirring until mixture becomes sticky and becomes a bit oily.
- Transfer mixture in a flat surface dusted with the roasted glutinous rice flour.
- Roll and flatten the mixture.
- Cut espasol into strips and roll on toasted rice flour until fully coated.
- Wrap each piece in wax paper or arrange in a serving dish covered with banana leaves and serve.