Try this easy to follow Filipino Pork Adobo recipe. A stewed meat in garlic, vinegar and soy sauce. You can also use chicken instead of pork. Try it now.
- 2 lbs pork belly , sliced 1/2 an inch
- 2 cup datu puti vinegar
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 5-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 pieces bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon achuete powder diluted in 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- In a deep bowl mix soy sauce, vinegar, water, bay leaves, peppercorns and sugar.
- Stir well and taste test for desired salt and sweet flavor.
- Add a dash of salt and ground pepper if desired. Set aside.
- Heat wok in medium low fire and add achuete oil.
- Saute minced garlic till caramelize.
- Fry pork belly slices on both side till golden brown.
- Pour in the vinegar - soy sauce mixture and allow to boil for 5 minutes in medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer till pork for 20 minutes or pork is fully cooked.
- Remove from heat and serve. Enjoy!