This is one of those pretty easy recipe to make. You have an option to use either ground beef or pork or chicken. Other's call this Picadillo or Giniling Sarciado. I simply call this yummy!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoon raisins (optional)
- 1 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- Salt, sugar and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Saute garlic and onion in cooking oil till caramelized.
- Add ground chicken and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Add water and simmer in low heat till water is almost gone.
- Add carrots, potatoes, raisins and bell pepper.
- Stir well for 2 minutes allowing the vegetables to cook.
- Season with salt, ground pepper and some sugar (optional) to taste.
- Add tomato sauce, stir well and simmer in low heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.