Bangus Sisig Recipe
Bangus Sisig is a Filipino appetizer and a healthier alternative to the popular pork sisig. Easier to make and healthier too. This Bangus Sisig is really good and lower in fat and cholesterol.
- 1 - 2 lbs. whole bangus, butterflied
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped or any chili pepper
- 2 lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon flour for coating fish
- cooking oil for frying
- kalamansi and chili peppers for garnishing
- Season bangus with salt, ground pepper and coat with flour, set aside. Heat wide pan and add cooking oil. Fry bangus till golden brown. Remove fish from the pan and allow to cool. Separate fish meat from the skin and set aside skin. Debone and flake bangus meat and set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoon cooking oil in a clean pan over medium heat. Saute ginger, garlic, onion and bell peppers. Add oyster sauce, soy sauce, lemon juice and stir. Add chili peppers, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add bangus flakes, stir gently to combine. Season with salt and ground pepper to taste. Cook for few minutes and set aside.
- Arrange fried bangus skin in a serving platter and top with cooked bangus meat. Top with slices of chili peppers and kalamansi. Serve hot and enjoy.
More Boneless Bangus Recipe? Click below:
Grilled Boneless Bangus
Bangus Lumpia Shanghai
Inihaw na Bangus