Chicken Chop Suey Recipe
Here is a simple and healthier recipe for Chop Suey also known as Stir Fry Vegetables.
- 1/4 lb. chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1/4 lb. small shrimp, peeled and divined
- 1 dozen quail egg, boiled and peeled
- 1 sayote, cut into bite size
- 1 carrot, cut into bite size
- 1 small red pepper, julienne
- 1 can baby corn, drain juice
- 1/2 cabbage, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced fine
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoon canola cooking oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, diluted in 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups water or chicken broth
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- Using a wok sauté half of the ginger, garlic and onion in 2 tablespoon cooking oil till caramelized in high heat.
- Add all vegetables, stir fry for few minutes then remove vegetables from the heat and set aside.
- Using the same wok sauté the remaining ginger, garlic and onion in 1 tablespoon cooking oil and 1 teaspoon sesame oil till caramelized.
- Add chicken and shrimp. Saute for few minutes then add the quail eggs.
- Pour in chicken broth or water. Season with salt and ground pepper. Simmer for few minutes.
- Add oyster sauce and cornstarch diluted in water. Simmer for a minute.
- Add the sautéed vegetables to the sauce mixture. Mix well and simmer for a minute.
- Add the remaining sesame oil. Mix well then remove from heat and serve hot. Enjoy!