Filipino Lasagna Recipe
Here is an easy to follow Lasagna recipe Filipino style. It is baked with layered of lasagna pasta, meat sauce, creamy white sauce and slices of hot dog. I used Filipino style meat sauce, the same ingredients I uses when making Filipino style spaghetti.
- 1 box 9 oz. (255 grams) lasagna pasta
- grated cheddar cheese
- grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese or cheddar cheese
Filipino Spaghetti Sauce
- 1/2 lb. hot dog, cut into bite size
- 1 lb. ground beef or pork or chicken
- 1 tall bottle banana ketchup
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- sugar, salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Boil water with a pinch of salt and 1 teaspoon cooking oil. Cook pasta until al dente.
- Remove pasta from water and drain excess water. Set aside.
- Using a deep pot heat cooking oil and brown slices of hot dog. Remove hotdog and set aside.
- Using the same pot sauté garlic and onion till caramelized. Add ground meat and sauté till meat turns golden brown. Season with ground pepper.
- Add tomato sauce and ketchup. Simmer in low heat for 15-20 minutes while constantly stirring.
- Season with salt and sugar to taste. Add cooked hot dog to the sauce, simmer for 5-10 minutes then remove from heat and set aside.
- Using a sauce pan, melt butter in low heat. Stir in cornstarch and blend well.
- Slowly stir in the evaporated milk and continue to cook while constantly stirring.
- Add grated cheese and stir well until melted. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
Making the Pasta
- Coat an oven safe dish with butter. Arrange pasta then pour meat sauce, white sauce and grated cheese.
- Repeat the layering of pasta, sauces and cheese until you fill up the dish.
- Top with grated cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in 350f for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve hot.