Giniling Guisado is one of those easy to cook Filipino dish. You can use either ground pork, beef or chicken. This time I used ground chicken to make it a bit healthier.
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 medium size potato, diced small
- 1 large carrot, diced small
- 1 small bell pepper, diced small
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoon raisins (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice or water
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- Saute garlic and onion in cooking oil till caramelized.
- Add ground chicken, mix well and cook till chicken turns golden brown.
- Add carrots and potatoes, stir and cook for few minutes.
- Add bell peppers and raisins, stir and cook for few minutes.
- Add pineapple juice or water and simmer for 5 minutes in medium low heat.
- Season with sugar, salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Add tomato sauce, stir well and simmer for 3-5 minutes or till sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat, place in a serving dish and serve hot. Enjoy!
Post a Comment