Pork Ribs in Tausi Sauce also known as pork ribs in black beans sauce is a popular Chinese inspired dish that is simple and tasty. With my version I used bottled black beans garlic sauce, Lee Kum Kee brand purchased from my local Asian store. Easier to use and a lot less salty with added garlic flavor.
- 2 lbs. pork ribs, cut into serving size
- 2 tablespoon black beans garlic sauce
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium size onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- green onion for garnishing
- Boil pork ribs in enough water till fully cooked. Once done, remove meat from the pot and set aside. Save a cup of pork broth for later use.
- In a clean pan, sauté garlic and onion in cooking oil till caramelized.
- Add black beans sauce. Stir and cook for few minutes while continuously stirring.
- Add pork ribs and stir well. Cook for few minutes while continuously stirring.
- Add pork ribs broth to the pan, stir and simmer. Season with sugar and ground pepper to taste. (I used a tablespoon of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper) Simmer in medium low heat for 5 to 10 minutes or till sauce thickens.
- Garnish with slices of green onion and transfer in a serving dish. Serve over steam rice and Enjoy!
See below picture of Lee Kum Lee Black Bean Garlic Sauce I used in this recipe. Available at your local Asian store and some Walmart store for a little over $2-. This also comes in other brand name.
RELATED: (click name to see recipe)
Chicken Ampalaya with Tausi Recipe
Fish Fillet in Tausi Recipe
Ampalaya con Karne in Tausi Recipe