Binagoongan na Talong is an easy recipe and an all time Filipino favorite dish. This dish is made with simple ingredients that most Filipinos already have it the fridge and in the pantry. Other uses pork to add to the recipe but this recipe is simple and was served as a side dish.
There are many ways you can make this but here is a simple version and very tasty.
- 1-2 lbs. eggplant, cut into serving size
- 2 tablespoon sautéed bagoong or sweet sautéed bagoong
- 1 tablespoon sugar (not needed if you are using sweet sautéed bagoong)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced (or more if you want it more garlicky)
- cooking oil
- Fry eggplant in cooking oil till fully cooked and golden brown then set aside.
- Saute garlic in 2 tablespoon cooking oil till garlic turns brownish and crispy. Separate fried garlic from the oil then set aside garlic.
- Add bagoong to the garlic oil. Cook for few minutes or till bagoong is crispy.
- Add fried talong to the bagoong. Stir until mixed well. Cook for few minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat and top with fried garlic. Toss and serve hot with lots of rice. Enjoy!