Ginisang Pusit or Sautéed Squid is a simple yet satisfying recipe for squid lover like me. Squid is cut into rings, sautéed and simmered in a little vinegar. With this recipe I added a tablespoon of hoisin sauce that has been sitting in my fridge and surprising it turned out really good.
Check out the easy recipe below.
- 1/2 lbs. medium size squid, cleaned and cut into rings
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 2 medium size tomato, diced
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce or 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste if needed
- Heat deep pan in medium heat and add cooking oil. Add onion, garlic, tomatoes and bay leaves. Saute for few minutes.
- Add squid and sauté for few minutes and add vinegar, hoisin sauce or soy sauce, sugar and ground pepper.
- Simmer over medium high heat for 3 minutes or till sauce thickens.
- Remove pan from heat, transfer in a serving dish and serve hot with white rice. Enjoy.