I was in my local Asian grocery store today and saw this package (below) in the frozen aisle so I said why not give it a try. I had fed my family Chicken Feet Adobo and Balut so for sure they won't be that shock seeing frog legs in the dinning table.
To cut it short, kids said it taste like chicken but hubby said it's not as good as chicken. O well, what matter is they ate it all.
- 1 lb. frog legs, cleaned and blanched
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 10 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. achuete powder diluted in 2 tsp. cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- Blanche frog legs in boiling water. Remove from water and set aside.
- Heat wide pan in medium heat. Add cooking oil and then garlic. Cook until garlic turns translucent and golden brown.
- Add frog legs and cook for few minutes or until it turns brownish.
- Season with fish sauce, sugar and ground black pepper. Continue cooking for 5 minutes in medium heat.
- Pour in vinegar and simmer for 10 minutes or until frog legs is fully cooked. Once it starts to boil taste test to see if more sugar and salt is needed.
- Once the sauce thickens, add achuete oil and chili flakes. Mix well and cook for few more minutes.