Walnut Chicken Recipe
Walnut Chicken is a chicken stir-fry with vegetables and walnut in brown sauce. It is easy to make and delicious.
With this recipe you can use almonds or peanuts if walnuts is not available. You can also add other vegetables you like snow peas and water chestnut.
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 2 small zucchini, cut into cubes
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 medium size carrots, cut into bite size
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced fine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup walnuts or almonds
- 1 medium size onion, sliced
- 1 tbs. cornstarch
- 3 tbs. cooking oil
- 1 tbs. oyster sauce
- 2 tbs. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Toss chicken in corn starch and set aside.
- Using a wok or a deep wide pan, heat 1 tbs. of cooking oil in medium heat. Sauté half of the ginger, half of the garlic, carrots, bell peppers, half of the onion and zucchini. Stir and cook for few minutes. Remove vegetables from the wok and set aside.
- Using the same wok, sauté remaining ginger, garlic and onions in cooking oil until aromatic. Add chicken and fry until chicken is fully cooked for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Once chicken is fully cooked add soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, water and sesame oil. Stir well to combine the sauce to the chicken.
- Add sautéed vegetables and walnuts to the wok. Stir well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove wok from heat, transfer in a serving dish and enjoy with steam white or brown rice.
RELATED (click name link to see complete recipe)