Chicken Adobo with Ginger and Honey is a delicious dish. This recipe is same as cooking a regular Filipino adobo but with honey and minced ginger for additional taste. A must try easy recipe for everyone to love.
- 2 lbs. chicken wings or chicken legs, cut into serving pieces
- 6-8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced fine
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 stem green onion, chopped
- Saute ginger and garlic in cooking oil till caramelized.
- Add chicken slices , stir and cook for 5 minutes or until chicken turns golden brown.
- Add bay leaves, soy sauce, vinegar, ground pepper, honey and water. Simmer in medium heat for 15 minutes or till chicken is almost fully cooked and sauce thickens.
- Remove pan from heat and add chopped green onions. Stir, transfer in a serving dish and serve hot. Enjoy!
RELATED (click names to see complete recipes)
Spicy Chicken Feet Adobo
Pork Belly Adobo
Simple Boneless Chicken Adobo