Filipino Chicken Barbecue
Here is how to make the Filipino-style Chicken Barbecue on a stick also known as Inihaw or Inasal na Manok. Filipino Chicken Barbecue is easy to make using simple ingredients and very delicious. Filipino Chicken Barbecue is a very popular and a favorite street food in the Philippines. It has so many version and this recipe is the easiest yet full of flavor.
Make this today and share with family and friends or make it today and freeze it for later use. Watch the cooking video below and learn how to make this simple Filipino Chicken Barbecue or Inihaw na Manok. The Instructions below should guide you every step of the way.
Check related recipes below. Just click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 1/4 cup calamansi or lemon juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup lemon soda (7-up or sprite)
- 1 tsp peppercorn
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp ground pepper or to taste'
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, boneless and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup banana or tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup left over marinade
- 1 to 2 tbsp brown sugar (to taste)
*12 pieces bamboo skewers, pre-soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- In a wide basin, combine calamansi, soy sauce, lemon soda, peppercorn, brown sugar, salt, ground pepper and garlic. Mix well until sugar has dissolved. Add chicken pieces and toss well. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours or overnight for a better result.
- Skewer the chicken in bamboo sticks. Set aside 1/2 cup marinade and discard any left over marinade.
- In a bowl, combine cooking oil, ketchup, left over marinade, brown sugar and blend well. Set aside.
- Pre-heat grill over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Place skewered chicken on the grill and grill and flip for about 15-20 minutes and basting them often. Transfer in a serving plate and serve while hot with spiced vinegar. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Pork Ribs Barbecue - Filipino version|
Post a Comment